DSLR is perhaps considered as the best kind of camera nowadays. Everyone seems to be able to take nice shots with such cameras. However, as technology seems to work triple time in this day and age, developments in moment-capturing devices also happen in an increasingly fast rate. Now, there are debates over the best camera of all – is it the DSLR or the mirrorless camera?
To fully understand it and to make a smart decision, you need to understand the difference between DSLR and the mirrorless camera first.
Actually, there is only one major difference between the two – the flip-up mirror. DSLR has a flip-up mirror. It flips up whenever you press the shoot button, enabling you to take a photo. On the other hand, mirrorless cameras do not have such part, hence, the name “mirrorless” camera. The mirrorless camera may sound like a high-end image capturing device but you are probably holding such technology right now. The cameras of mobile phones are mirrorless. These are known as point-and-shoot cameras.
Now, which camera is perfect for you – DSLR or Mirrorless? Well, the answer lies in what it is that you want to do.
• Mirrorless cameras are smaller and lighter. This is perfect if you want to take your camera with you wherever you go.
• Mirrorless cameras show a preview of the actual photo. In some DSLRs, you need to take the picture first before you see how the modifications of the settings affected the image.
• Mirrorless cameras are discreet. With the absence of the flip-up mirror, you can take pictures without your camera making any sound.
• DSLRs have longer battery life. With longer battery life, you can take more pictures and make sure that you do not miss any special moment. You also do not need to recharge your batteries frequently.
• DSLRs are faster and focus more efficiently in motion captures such as sports and wildlife photography.
These are some of the major features of the DSLR and Mirrorless Camera compared. Now all you need to do is to consider your purpose and preference to choose which one is best for you.
Thanks for reading join US today at
Follow us on
Let’s be a part of something amazing with us!